Thursday 26 May 2016

Grace cardigan

Hi everyone,

In my last post I mentioned that cute little cropped cardigan to go with my Anna dress, well this is the tale of that cardigan.

Back in August of last year we decided to hold off on buying our own home to save more money and we were both quite gutted (living in a Batcave has it's advantages but space is not one of them!), the yarn for this cardigan was my little treat to myself to try and alleviate the sadness.

I bought two skeins of Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light from Meadow Yarn in Button Jar Blue, the most stunning bright turquoise colour. I had been eyeing up this yarn for some time so I went for it!

The pattern I chose was Grace by Jane Richmond due to the short yardage (I wasn't allowed that third skein ha ha) , I cast on the cardigan and set to work whilst working in my shop. I made pretty good progress and got down to almost separating the sleeves from the body when I put it all down and decided to focus on warmer knits instead.

Fast forward to yesterday when I dug this back out and thought 'I am going to whip through this to get it finished for my Anna dress' but, I bet you can see where this is going?, it didn't quite work out like that!

It turns out that I hadn't measured my gauge (I broke the first rule of knitting) and I was 8 sts out per inch! Looking at it I should have realised it wasn't human sized ha ha...

There was only one thing for it, FROG!


It was very beautiful whilst it lasted.

The next step is to start all over again but this time with a 4mm needle so I get the right gauge, not quite yet though. For now it is sat in the drawer having a rest and thinking about what it has done, we have all been there right?

Until next time,

Aimee x

No comments:

Post a Comment